Reclaim Your Natural Smile with White Composite Fillings← Return to Blog
Maintaining a healthy, beautiful smile involves not just regular cleanings and check-ups, but also addressing issues like cavities. At Cassidy Dental, we understand that you want your fillings to be functional and aesthetic. That’s why we proudly offer white composite fillings, a solution that combines practicality and beauty to keep your smile looking its best.
Understanding White Composite Fillings
White composite fillings are tooth-coloured fillings designed to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. This form of dental filling is a great alternative to traditional silver amalgam fillings, offering an appealing, less noticeable option that many patients prefer.
The Process of White Composite Fillings
The process involves removing the decayed portion of the tooth, cleaning the affected area, and then filling the cavity with the white composite material. This composite is moulded to fit the cavity perfectly and then hardened using a special light. The result is a filling that fits your tooth’s structure, restores its function, and maintains the natural look of your smile.
The Benefits of White Composite Fillings
- Aesthetically Pleasing: The primary advantage of white composite fillings is their natural appearance. They blend with your existing teeth, making them almost invisible when you laugh or smile.
- Durability and Resilience: Modern white composite fillings possess properties comparable to traditional amalgam fillings, providing a robust and lasting solution to cavities.
- Less Tooth Structure Removal: White composite fillings allow for a more conservative preparation, meaning less of your tooth structure needs to be removed compared with amalgam fillings.
- Supports Tooth Structure: The composite material bonds to the tooth, providing additional support to the tooth structure, which can help prevent breakage and insulate the tooth from excessive temperature changes.
- Safe and Mercury-Free: Unlike amalgam fillings, white composite fillings are mercury-free, which some patients prefer for health or environmental reasons.