Invisalign – A Clear Alternative to Metal Braces← Return to Blog
What is Invisalign?
A revolutionary alignment system which offers an excellent alternative to metal braces.
Invisalign is the world’s most advanced clear aligner system. It has been used by many celebrities and sportstars to discreetly create their desired smiles. It is capable of correcting a variety of orthodontic concerns including teeth which are crooked, crowded or with gaps. The attraction of this system is the ease with which it can slot simply and easily into your daily routine, without any fuss or embarrassment.
If it weren’t for the remarkable way Invisalign gradually transforms smiles, you’d hardly even notice you’re having treatment. As the Invisalign aligners are transparent and difficult to detect when worn, they allow you to straighten your teeth without feeling self-conscious. However should you have an important meeting or event coming up that’s causing concern, you can always remove the aligners for that short space of time without effecting treatment.
In addition to the aesthetic and comfort advantages, Invisalign has a number of other benefits:
· Designed to accurately predict when you will complete your treatment. You will be able to visualize tooth movement at each stage of treatment using a virtual 3D representation.
· Correction of crowding improves accessibility for cleaning. You are likely to experience improved gum health through better dental hygiene during treatment.
· No metal allergies caused by metal brackets and wires.
· Custom manufacture means a tailored match to your teeth for reduced irritation and fewer scratches.
· Invisalign is the only clear aligner system to use SmartTrack material in their aligners to shape your smile with precision, comfort and predictability.
What does Invisalign treatment involve?
1. Invisalign treatment starts with a visit to a certified Invisalign provider who can determine your suitability for treatment.
2. If Invisalign is suitable for you, your dentist will map out a treatment plan with your goals in mind.
3. Your dental records together with the plan designed for you by your dentist is sent to Align Technology. This allows for the creation of a virtual 3D representation of your teeth before, during and after the Invisalign treatment so that you can see what your smile is expected to look like when you have completed the treatment. It also accurately predicts how many weeks treatment is likely to take.
4. Together with your dentist you can then review and agree on your treatment plan before the final aligners are made.
5. Each set of aligners are worn for on average one to two weeks, removing them only to eat, brush, and floss.
6. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position your dentist has prescribed
7. During treatment you will visit your dentist periodically to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Cassidy Dental is an Invisalign provider. If you would like to improve your smile using Invisalign, contact a member of our team on 028 7963 1924 to arrange a consultation.